- To strengthen the research excellence of the Faculty of Forestry and Wood Technology (FFWT) Mendel University in Brno (MENDELU) in the field of the climate and global change impacts on forestry, the bio-based industry and market in Europe through the newly developed strong partnership with advanced research institutions in the area of forestry and wood research (demonstrated by high-profile joint publications);
- To enhance the scientific visibility of FFWT MENDELU and open new networking opportunities (joint project applications, secondments of students and staff);
- To increase the competitiveness of FFWT in national, EU and international research grant competitions (competitive individual grant applications, joint collaborative project applications);
- To improve FFWT researchers' and research support staff profiles with a particular reference to early-stage researchers (ESRs) and project management/administration (mentors from the partner institutions);
- To foster collaboration and dialogue with stakeholders to translate the research findings to policy and industrial collaboration (collaborative contracts).
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement N°952314.